Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Will: Nathaniel R. Cannon

Will of Nathaniel R. Cannon
PWCo. Will Book O, pg. 275

I Nathaniel R. Cannon of Prince William County and State of Virginia do hereby make this my last will and testament in manner and form following, that is to say:

1st. After the payment of all my just debts and funeral expenses I give to my wife Mary B. Cannon all my Estate both real and personal to her and her heirs forever.

And lastly, I do herby constitute and appoint my wife above named executrix of this my last will and testament without being compelled to give security required by law.

In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this 12th day of August in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred & thirty six. 

Nathanial R. Cannon {seal}

Signed and acknowledged in presence of us,
J. Snowden, Caleb Russell
James H. Halley, J. E. Weems

At a court held for Prince William County the 3rd day of October 1836.

This last will and testament of Nathaniel R. Cannon decd was presented to the Court, and being proved by the oath of Jesse E. Weems, one of the subscribing witnesses thereto, is ordered to be certified. And at a Court of Quarterly Sessions contd and held for said County 8th day of November 1836. This said last will and testament of Nathaniel R. Cannon decd was again presented to the Court and being proved by the affirmation of Caleb Russell, one of the subscribing witnesses thereto, is ordered to be recorded.

Testr, Jno. Williams   C. C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment