Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Will: Daniel King (1849)

Will of Daniel King
PWCo. Will Book P, pg. 452
Proved: 7 January 1850

I Daniel King do hereby make this my last Will and Testament in manner and form following that is to say.

1st. I desire that all the perishable part of my estate be immediately sold after my decease and out of the monies arising therefrom all my just debt and funeral expenses be paid.

2nd. I leave all my real estate to John Posey provided he will take care of me during my life, but should I recover from my sickness I reserve as much Barrel Timber as I can work up, and neither he the sd. Posey nor myself shall be at liberty to sell any of the Timber but mearly to work it up for the best advantage of us both but should I die then the sd. Posey is at full liberty to do as he pleases with it. 

In witness whereof I hereunder set my hand and affixed my seal this 19th day of November 1849.

Daniel King [X his mark] {seal}

Teste,
Levi C. Lynn
William Posey
[X his mark]
William S. Cornwell [X his mark]

In Prince William County Court January 7th 1850

This last Will and Testament of Daniel King decd. was presented to the court & being proved by the oaths of William Posey & William S. Cornwell witnesses thereto is ordered to be recorded; and on the motion of John Posey administration with the will annexed on the Estate of said Daniel King decd. is granted to him, who came into court & took the oath prescribed by law & entered into and acknowledged a Bond with security as the law directs. 

Teste, J. Williams  C.C.



No comments:

Post a Comment