Friday, June 17, 2022

Friend of Friends Friday: Ranaway: Shedrick (1846)

Alexandria Gazette (Va.)
10 December 1846

TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS REWARD

Left Mr. Thomas Shaw's (where he was hired) in Prince William County, Va., on the 16th of September last, my negro man SHEDRICK. He is about 5 feet 10 inches high, and robust, of a dark copper color, downcast look when spoken to; has a flesh mole on the left breast (I think) about the size of the end of one's finger--clothing not known. When last heard from, he was near Centreville, Prince William County, on the road leading to Alexandria, and going that way, where I expect he is at present. I will give $25 for the delivery to me of said negro if caught in Virginia, at my residence near Tackett's Mills, Stafford county, Va., or secured in jail so that I get him again, or $50 if caught out of the State.  

DAVID HANSBROUGH

Tackett's Mills, Stafford Cy., dec 4-2aw3w



No comments:

Post a Comment