Thursday, November 4, 2021

Will: Sarah Willet

Sarah Willet's Will
PWCo Will Book O, pg. 435
Proved: 1 June 1840

I Sarah Willet of Carrborough, Prince William County Virginia do hereby make my last will and testament in manner & form following that is to say, 1st I desire that all my just debts and funeral expenses be paid.

2d. After the payments of all my debts & funeral expenses I give to Rebecca Scott infant child of Mrs. McEwin by her former husband James Scott One Hundred dollars.  

3d. I leave to Joseph Woodes and for and during the term of his natural life all the Lots of land I purchased of Capt. Jno. W. Williams and after his decease I give the same to my two nieces hereafter mentioned to be divided between them and to be enjoyed by them forever.

4th. All the rest of my Estate both real and personal not herein particularly disposed of I desire may be equally divided between my two nieces Ellenor Winson and Catherine King which I give to them and their heirs forever. 

In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this the 12th day of March in the year of 1839.

Sarah [X her mark] Willet {seal}

Signed sealed published and declared as and for the last will testament of the above named Sarah Willet in the presence of us, 

Ann L. Wheat
Elizabeth Dunnington

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County the 1st day of June 1840. This last will and testament of Sarah Willet decd was presented to the Court and being proven by the oaths of Ann L. Wheat and Elizabeth Dunnington is ordered to be recorded and administration of the Estate of Sarah Willet decd with the will annexed is granted to Henry Groves, who took the oath of an admor with the will annexed & entered into & acknowledged a bond with security according to Law.

Teste,  J. Williams  C.C.



No comments:

Post a Comment