Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Deed: Power of Attorney: William Cole to Richard Cole (1803)

William Cole to Richard Cole Power of Attorney
PWCo Deed Book 2, pg. 360
Recorded 6 August 1804

Know all men by thee presents that I William Cole of the State of Carolina, have appointed and by these presents do appoint, constitute and ordain my friend Richard Cole to be my true and lawful attorney -- in the suits brought against Joshua Carney and others to carry on the fame to fettle or compromise to sell or to do any thing therein as to him may seem good ratifying and confirming every act of his as fully and freely as if I myself were personally present. 

In witness whereof I have set my hand and seal this 7th Day of December 1803.

William Cole {seal}

Acknowledged in the presence of

Archibald Tackett
Hedgman Murphy
(X his mark)

At a Court held for Prince William County August 6th 1804.

This Power of Attorney from William Cole to Richard Cole was proved by the oaths of Archibald Tackett and Hedgman Murphy and ordered to be recorded.

Teste.  J. Williams   Ct. Cur.



No comments:

Post a Comment