Monday, November 22, 2021

Will: John Norman

John Norman Will
PWCo Will Book P, pg. 181
Proved 5 May 1845

I John S. Norman of the County of Prince William and State of Virginia being weak in body but of sound mind and of a disposing memory do make this my last will in manner and form following first I desire all my just debts be paid out of my estate -- and all the rest of my estate of every kind be equally divided between my Sister Geraldean Norman, and my Brother James William Norman -- lastly I appoint my Brother James William Norman my Executor to this my last will and testament. Witness my hand and seal this fourteenth day of April Eighteen hundred and forty five.

John S. Norman {seal}

Signed sealed and acknowledged in presents of us 

Benson Lynn
Geo. F. Carney
James Keys

In Prince William County Court May 5, 1845

This last will & testament of John S. Norman decd was presented to the Court & being proved by the oaths of Benson Lynn & Geo. F. Carney witnesses thereto was ordered to be recorded and on motion of James W. Norman the executor named in said will, who made oath thereto and together with Seymore Lynn his security, entered into and acknowledged a bond in the penalty of $200 conditioned as the law directs, certificate is granted him for obtaining a probate of said will in due form.

Teste,  John Williams  C. C.



No comments:

Post a Comment