Monday, September 27, 2021

Will of Rev. John Towles

Will of John Towles
PWCo. Will Book T, pg. 538
Proved: 16 June 1885

I John Towles minister of the Lord Jesus Christ to testify the Gospel of the Grace of God being of sound mind do make this my last will and testament this the 16th day of July Anno Domini 1872 My soul I commend to God in the faith of the Gospel and in the hope of a blessed resurrection of my body.

All my estate real and personal I give and bequeath to my beloved wife Sophronia E. Towles during the term of her natural life, and I hereby do appoint her my sole executrix, without security, to manage my estate to the best of her judgment for the benefit of my creditors for her own benefit, and that of our beloved children. Such portion of my estate as shall be left open after the payment of all debts, and as she shall see fit not to distribute to our beloved children during her natural life, but to hold in her posession and for her use up to the time of her death, I will after her decease to be equally divided between my three beloved children, Ella Towles, Churchill Towles and Leroy C. Towles

Witness my hand and seal, this the day and date first above written.

John Towles {seal}

Test:
John Manning
Albert M. Claggeth
G. S. C. Thomas


Prince George County Sct: June 16th 1885

Then came Albert M. Calgeth, one of the subscribing witnesses to the aforegoing last will and testament of John Towles late of said county deceased and made oath on the Holy Evangely of Almighty God that he did see the testator therein named sign and seal said will, that he heard him publish, pronounce, and declare the same to be his last will and testament, that at the time of his so doing he was to the best of his apprehension of sound and disposing mind memory and understanding and capable of executing a valid deed or contract, that he together with George S. C. Thomas one of the other subscribing witnesses now deceased subscribed their names as witness thereof in the presence of the testator at his request, and in the presence of each other.

Sworn before A. G. Davey, Register of Wills


State of Maryland, Prince Georges County Sct:

I Alonzo G. Davey Register of Wills for Prince Georges County in the state aforesaid do hereby certify that the aforegoing is a true copy of the last will and testament and probate thereof of John Towles late of said county duly now of record in my office.

In Testimony whereof I hereunto subscribe my name and affix the seal of the Oprhans Court of the aforesaid county this 16th day of June A.D. 1884.

Teste, Alonzo G. Davey, Register of Wills for Prince Georges County, MD {Seal}


Maryland Sct:

I Charles Clageth chief judge of the Orphans Court of Prince Georges County, in the State aforesaid, certify that the aforegoing attestation of Alonzo G. Davey, Register of Wills for said County, is in due form, and by the proper officer. Given under my hand at the town of Upper Marlborough this 16th day of June in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and eighty five.

Charles Claggeth Chief Judge


State of Maryland Sct:

I Alonzo G. Davey Register of Wills for Prince Georges County in the state aforesaid do certify that Charles Clageth Esquire whose genuine signature is attached to the aforegoing certificate is and was at the time of signing the same, Chief Judge of the Orphan's Court of said County, duly commissioned and qualified.

In testimony whereof I hereunto subscribe my name and affix the seal of the Orphan's Court aforesaid this 26th day of June A.D. 1885.

Alonzo G. Davey, Register of Wills


In Prince William County Court July 6th 1885.

An Authenticated copy of the true last Will and testament of John Towles decd was this day produced to the Court and ordered to be recorded.

Teste, L. A. Davis   Clk

No comments:

Post a Comment