Thursday, September 9, 2021

Will: James Green (1807)

James Green Will
PWCo. Will Book I, pg. 354
Proved: 5 October 1807

In the name of God Amen, I James Green of Prince William County and State of Virginia, being now sick and weak in body but of perfect mind & memory thanks be to the Almighty God who gave them & hoping he will receive my soul at the last day and now concerning my worldly goods & after all my just debts are paid.

Imprimus my Will and wish is for my loving wife Frances Green to hold and enjoy all my property of every description for & during her natural life or Widowhood; and if a division should take place in her life my desire is that the Land be equally divided into three parts agreeable to quantity and quality and my wife Frances Green to draw for a Choice in obtaining her third.

Also my desire is that as my oldest son George Green has already had to the amount of Forty dollars in property for her my said wife Frances Green to furnish each and very of the other children with the same amount of Forty Dollars as they may com of age, marry, or see cause to leave her that is if they leave her in a becoming manner & provided it may at all times answer her convenience but is not to be restricted on in case it does not.

Also, my desire is that my three youngest daughters be educated as much as may be thought necessary by my Executors or Administrators. My desire also is that after the marriage or decease of my wife Frances Green that my property be distributed among all my children agreeable to the intention of the Law in such cases and as to what money which may on a settlement appear to be due from me from my Brother Thomas Green my desire is that it may be put to the best advantage by my Executors as the law may direct. 

My Executors whom I appoint and wish to serve in administering justice in every case above mentioned is my Brother Thomas Green and Jesse Green and lastly I recommend my body to the Grave there to be buried in decent burial agreeable to the direction of my friends & Executors. In Testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand this 8th Jany in the year of our Lord Anno Domini 1807.

James Green

Sign'd Sealed & delivered in the presence of us
Philip Warder Junr.
Bain Posey
Peggy {X her mark} Posey

At a Court held for Prince William County October 5th 1807.

This last will and testament of James Green dec'd was presented to the Court by Thomas Green one of the Exors therein named who made oath thereto according to Law and the said Will being proved by the oaths of Bain Posey and Philip Warder Junr. the same is ordered to be recorded and the said Exor having performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted him fo obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste   J. Williams   Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment