Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Deed: Copin to Copin Power of Attorney (1812)

Copin to Copin Power of Attorney
Prince William Co. Deed Book 4, pg. 385
Recorded: 3 February 1812

KNOW ALL MEN by these presents that I William Copin of Prince William County and State of Virginia for good cause now mooving hath nominated and appointed my brother Zacheous Copin of Harrison County and State aforesaid my true and lawful attorney to act in my name and for his own use to receive and obtain all rights of land that my brother John Copin & Samuel Copin was intitled to for their service in the Continental service in the Revolutionnary war, wharefore I do ratify all that my attorney may do in obtaining any right deriving to them with as full power as I myself could do ware I personally present.

In witness whareof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this second day of February 1812.

William Copin {Seal}

Teste
Joseph {X his mark} Asberry, Joshua Copin

At a Court held for Prince William County February 3d 1812.

This Power of Attorney from William Copin to Zacheous Copin was acknowledged by the said William Copin and ordered to be recorded.

Teste
J. Williams  Ct. Cur.



No comments:

Post a Comment