Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Will: Chapman Copin (1878)

Will of Chapman Copin
PWCo. Will Book T, pg. 209
Proved: 7 June 1880

In the name of God Amen, I CHAPMAN COPIN of Prince William County and State of Virginia, being of sound mind and disposing memory, do make this to be my last will and testament as follows, viz.

I give and bequeath all of my personal and real estate of whatever manner, kind and discription after the payment of my funeral expenses and all just debts to my wife ANNIE COPIN to hold as a support during her natural life, and at her death to descend to my son CHARLES MILTON COPIN alias CHARLES MILTON HOPKINS and his heirs forever. And lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint my son the said CHARLES MILTON COPIN alias CHARLES MILTON HOPKINS executor of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all other and former wills and testaments by me heretofore made. 

I request that the Court in which my son the said CHARLES MILTON COPIN alias CHARLES MILTON HOPKINS may qualify as my said Executor, shall not require him to give any security as such Executor.

In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 23d day of September in the year of Our Lord eighteen hundred and Seventy eight.

CHAPMAN COPIN  {seal}

Signed Sealed published and declared by the Testator CHAPMAN COPIN, as and for his last will and testament, and in the presence of us who in his presence at his request and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as Witnesses.

JNO. G. TAYLOR
M. N. LYNN
LEWIS E. JONES

In Prince Wm. County Court June 7th 1880

The last will and testament of CHAPMAN COPIN decd. was this day presented to the Court, and the Signatures thereto ____ proved by the Oaths of JNO. G. TAYLOR and L. E. JONES subscribing witnesses thereto and was ordered to be recorded as the true last Will and Testament of CHAPMAN COPIN decd.  And then upon CHARLES MILTON COPIN alias CHARLES MILTON HOPKINS the Executor named in the said Will qualified as executor of said COPIN in accordance with said will requiring no security in a bond in the penalty of $600, conditioned according to law which bond is ordered to be recorded, certificate is granted the said COPIN alias HOPKINS for obtaining a probate of said will in due form.

Teste,  S. A. DAVIS   Clk.

No comments:

Post a Comment