Thursday, December 30, 2021

Deed: Renunciation of Sarah Dye (1796)

Sarah Dye's Renunciation
PWCo Deed Book Z, pg. 1
Recorded 5 September 1796

To the Worshipfull Court of Prince William County. I do hereby declare that I will not take or accept the provision made for me by the will of my late husband Vincent Dye decd. or any part thereof & I do hereby renounce all benefit I might claim by the same Will.  Given under my hand & seal this 4th day of April 1796.

Sarah Dye [X her mark] {seal}

Signed sealed & delivered in the presence of

Amos Dye, Henry Chamberlin,
Wm. Montgomery, John Dye,
Francis Montgomery

At a Court held for Prince William County the 5th day of September 1796.

The within renunciation of Sarah Dye was proved by the oaths of Francis Montgomery & Amos Dye & ordered to be recorded.

Teste   John Williams   Cl. Court



No comments:

Post a Comment