Monday, October 4, 2021

Will: Aylett Nicol

Will of Aylett Nicol
PWCo Will Book T, pg. 45
Proved: 5 June 1878

In the name of God Amen: I Aylett Nicol of the County of Prince William and State of Virginia do hereby make this my last will and testament as follows to wit:

Having already by deed of Marriage Settlement given to my wife and her children certain real and personal property, I hereby give to my children by my former wife the remainder of my estate real and personal after the payment of my just debts.

I hereby appoint my wife and my daughter Ida Executrixes of this my last will and testament.

Given under my hand this 23rd day of May 1872.

A. Nicol

In Prince William County Court June 5th 1878

The last Will and Testament of Aylett Nicol dcd. was this day presented to the court and A. F. Woodyard and Lucien A. Davis being sworn testified that they were acquainted with the hand writing of the said  Nicol, and verily believed that the said writing together with the signature thereto was wholy written by the said Aylett Nicol. It is ordered that the said writing be recorded as the last true will of the said Nicol dcd. The Executrixes named in the said Will having this day renounced the burden of the executrix of the same, On motion of E. Nicol who made oath together with L. A. Davis his surety who justified as to his sufficiency entered into and acknowledged bond on the penalty of $300.00 conditioned as the law directs which bond is ordered to be recorded, certificate is granted the said C. E. Nicols for obtaining letters testamantory upon the Estate of Aylett Nicol dcd. in due form.

Teste, L. A. Davis  Clk




No comments:

Post a Comment