Friday, February 5, 2021

Will: Codicil: Thomas Harrison (enslaved persons)

Codicil to the Will of Thomas Harrison
PWCo Will Book K, pg. 133
"Will recorded in folio 112"

CODICIL to my will now in the possession of Thomas Harrison of Chapawamsic made this 3rd day of March 1811. 

Item 1st. I will and direct that my Exor. shall sell a negro Boy by the name of Henry and the money arising from his sale shall be applied to the payment of my Debts.

Item 2. I will and bequeath to my Daughter Elizabeth a negro Girl named Mariah and it is my will & direction that the afsd. Girl remain on the farm until she (my Daughter Elizabeth) is married or seases to be maintained by my estate & I moreover will and devise to my afds. Daughter Elizabeth an other Negro Girl by name Ann free from any incumbrance or limitation.

Item 3. I will and bequeath to my daughter Sarah a negro Girl named Cecelia under the same direction that the afsd. girl Mariah is willed to my daughter Elizabeth & also a Negro Girl by name Sharlott free from any incumbrance whatever.

THOS. HARRISON {seal}

Witness in the presence of

Burr Harrison
C. N. Harrison
Frances B. Alexander

At a Court Cont. and held for Prince Wm. County Jany 7th 1812

This Codicil to the last Will and Testament of Thos. Harrison decd. was proved by the oath of Burr Harrison and ordered to be recorded. 

Teste   J. Williams  Ct. Cur.






No comments:

Post a Comment