Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Will: Charles Harding Sr.

Will of Charles Harding
PWCo Will Book L, pg. 497

I Charles Harding Snr do hereby make my last will and testament in manner and form following Viz--

1st. I desire that as much of my property be immediately sold after my decease as will pay all my just debts and funeral expences. 2nd I desire that my wife Catherine Harding shall have my young black sow and piggs my crop of cotton one cotton wheel one pair of cotton cards, three barrels of corn one plough and plough stock and plough geer which I give to her and to her heirs forever.  3rd. I give to Lorinda Wartis daughter of Landen Wartis one Bed and Bedstead one iron pot one linnel wheel one cotton wheel & one trunk which I give to her and to her heirs forever.  4th all the rest of my Estate of what nature or kind soever it may be not hereinbefore particularly disposed of I desire may be equally divided among my wife Catherine Harding and my daughter Lydda Harding and Mary Harding daughter of my son Charles Harding which I give to them and to their heirs forever and Lastly I do hereby constitute & appoint George Weedon my Executor to this my last will and testament hereby revoking all other or former wills or testaments by me heretofore made. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this 24th day of September 1822.

Charles Harding {seal}

Signed saled and published and declared as and for the last will and testament of the above named Charles Harding in the presence of 

Matthias Cole
John C. Weedon
Austin B Weedon

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County November the 4th 1822.

This last will and testament of Charles Harding Senr. decd was presented to the Court by George Weedon the Exor therein named and the same being proved by the oaths of John C. Weedon and Austion Weedon two of the witnesses thereto is ordered to be recorded, and the Exor having made oath to the said will according to law and performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted him for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste,
Philip D. Dawe  Cl Cur

No comments:

Post a Comment