Thursday, July 9, 2020

Will: William Jackson

Will of William Jackson
PWCo Will Book L, pg. 292

In the name of God Amen. I in a diseased state of body but having my right mind do Will and bequeath the following Items.  It is my wish that all my property shall be sold at a credit of nine months or as may best suit, in order that it may not be sacrificed, & further that out of this my Just debts be first paid.

Item 1st. I do will and bequeath to my brother Thomas Jackson my riding mare caled Kit together with the saddle & bridle.  Item 2d. I do will & bequeath one hundred & fifty dollars to my brother John's son William to be put on interest until he becomes of age.  Item 3d. I do will and bequeath to my brother John Jackson fifty dollars. I do further desire that four hundred dollars shall be put into some kind of stock that the interest of which may fall to the hands of my mother Elizabeth Jackson as an additional pecuniary aid during her natural life & that at her death the said four hundred dollars in stock together with the interest be continued until my nephews William & Samuel C. Jackson are of age & that the principle & interest then be equally divided between them, but provided William or Samuel C. Jackson, either one should die the survivor of the two is to have the sum in turn. I do further desire that the balance shall be equally divided between my Brothers Benjamin, Robert & Thomas Jackson. I do appoint Benjamin Jackson my Brother as Executor of my last will & testament made this 28th of April 1819.  Mount Atlass Prince William County

William Jackson

Test
William Roach
John R. Drish

AT a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County June 7th 1819. This last will and testament of Wm. Jackson decd was presented to the Court by Benja. Jackson the Executor therein proved by the oaths of Wm. Roach and Jno. R. Drish is ordered to be recorded, and the said Benja. Jackson having taken the oath of an Exor. and performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted him for obtaining a probate there of in due form.

Teste.  Phil. D. Dawe    Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment