Monday, July 6, 2020

Gift Deed: Samuel Keys to James Keys et al (1802)

Deed of Gift
Samuel Keys to James Keys et al
PWCo Deed Book 20, pg. 8

KNOW all men by these presents that I Samuel Keys of the County of Prince William and State of Virginia for and in consideration of the Natural love and affection which I have and do bear towards my children, Jane Keys, Elizabeth Keys, William Keys, and Frances Keys of the County and State aforesaid as well for and in consideration of the sum of one dollar to me in hand paid (the receipt whereof I do hereby acknowledge) have given and granted as by these presents do give and grant unto the said Jane Keys, Elizabeth Keys, William Keys and Frances Keys their heirs Executors, administrators and assigns all the property which I am now possessed of (to be equally divided among them) as listed and subscribe by me on the back of these presents. To have and to hold the said property unto the aforesaid Jane Keys, Elizabeth Keys, William Keys and Frances Keys their heirs Exrs, admrs, or assigns forever and I the said Samuel Keys for myself my heirs & do by these presents warrant the aforesaid property unto my aforesaid children against the claim of all persons whatsoever. In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this 8th Day of June 1802.

Samuel [X his mark] Keys {seal}

Sealed and delivered in presence of
John Williams
Thos. A. Smith
William Smith

At a Court continued and held for Prince Wm. County the 8th Day of June 1802.

This Deed of Gift from Samuel Keys to Jane Keys, Elizabeth Keys, William Keys and Frances Keys was acknowledged by said Samuel to be his act and deed and ordered to be recorded.

Teste.   John Williams,  Cl Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment