Saturday, June 27, 2020

Will: Ann (Florence) Dealy

Will of Ann Dealy
PWCo Will Book K, pg. 291

In the name of God Amen I Ann Dealy of Prince William County and State of Virginia being in a low state of health tho of sound sence and memory knowing the uncertainty of this life do constitute this my last Will and testament in manner an form following first and principally I recommend my soul to almighty God who gave it and my Body to the Durst from whence it was taken and as to my worldly Estate I give it in the following manner.

Item it is my Will and desire that my Executor hereafter to be named pat out of my Estate all my just Debts and expenses. Item I give unto my two sons George and Presley Petty five shilling sterling each I allso give unto my son William Petty and and my Daughter Elizabeth Dye five Dollars Each as I consider they have had their parts already I also give unto my son Vinson Dealey one bed bedstead and firneture and one hundred Dollars Cash, it is my Will and desire that at my Death my Executor will take charge of all my Estate and sell it and equally divide it between the rest of my children James Petty Eley Petty Elijah Petty Hugh Petty John Petty and Susanna Foley after deducting fifteen Dollars out of James Pettys part whis I have let him have before and each childs part I give to him or her and their heirs for ever I revoke all other Wills by me made. I constitute and appoint my brother George Florance Executor of this my last will and testament. In Witness hereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this 28 of June 1814.

Ann [X her mark] Dealy {seal}

Signed Sealed and acknowledged in presence of us
Test. John Thorn, William Dowell, George Pearson, Augustine Athey

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County August 1st 1814. This last will and testament of Ann Dealy decd was presented to the Court and being proved by the oath of Augustine Athey is ordered to be recorded. And George Florence the Executor therein named on the same day came into the Court and made oath to the same according to law and having taken the oath of an Executor and performed what is usual in such cases Certificate is granted him for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste.  Phil. D. Dawe   Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment