Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Will: James Rose (1816)

Will of James Rose
PWCo WB K, pg. 532

In the name of God Amen, I James Rose of the county of Prince William and state of Virginia being very sick & weak but of perfect mind and memory, and knowing the frailty of human nature, do commit my body to the Earth to be buried in a decent manner and my soul to my beloved Jesus who gave it me, to dispose of as he may see fit.  Item, I give and bequeath to my well beloved wife Jane Rose all my property that I may die possessed of, to dispose of as she may think proper, after first paying all my just and lawfull debt. Also, I appoint my well beloved wife Jane Rose my whole and sole Executrix to this my last will and testament revoking all others. In witness whereof I have affixed my hand and seal this Twenty Fourth day of December in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and fifteen.

James Rose {seal}

Teste
H. Barron
Ann {X her mark} Babb [?]
Elizabeth {X her mark} Petty

At a court continued & held for Prince William county April 2nd 1816

This last will and testament of James Rose decd was presented to the court and being proved by the oath of Elizabeth Petty is ordered to be certified. AT a court of Quarterly sessions continued and held for said county June 4th 1816, This last will and Testament of James Rose decd was fully proved by the oath of Hendly Barron and ordered to be recorded.

Teste
P. D. Dawe Ct. Cur.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete