Friday, February 21, 2020

Will: Daniel Webster (emancipation)

Will of Daniel Webster
PWCo Will Book K, pg. 502

In the name of God amen I Daniel Webster of the county of Prince William & state of Virginia, feeling weak of body but of sound mind mind and intilect do make and ordain this my last will and testament hereby revoking all others.

Item. I will and bequeath to my wife Lucy Webster (whom I purchased from the late John Macrae esq.) and to my child James Webster -- their freedom and enfranchisement forever, excluding all claim or right to them of any persons whatsoever.

Item. I give and bequeath to my wife Lucy Webster every thing I have claim to or possess in this world, property of every description, real, personal, or mixed and I further more make and appoint my said wife Lucy, the executrix of this my last will and it is my wish and desire that some friendly citizen, should aid and assist her in the execution hereof; In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this 23rd day of November, 1815.

Daniel [X his mark] Webser {seal}

Signed, sealed & delivered in presece of
Wm. S. Colquhoun
Fra. Sd. Dunnington
C. W. Colquhoun

At a court held for Prince William county,. February 5th 1816

This last will and testament of Daniel Webster deceased was presented to the Court and being proved by Wm. S. Colquhoun, Fra: Sd. Dunnington and C. W. Colquhoun is ordered to be recorded.

Teste,

Phil. D. Dawe   Cl Cur


No comments:

Post a Comment