Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Newspaper Tidbit: To the Voters of PWCo (1852 / County Surveyor)

Alexandria Gazette (Va)
19 May 1852

To the Voters of Prince William County -- FELLOW CITIZENS:

As there are many of you with whom it will be out of my power, (owing to circumstances of a private character) to have a personal interview, therefore have chosen this method of announcing myself a candidate, under the new Constitution, for the office of County Surveyor, and respectfully solicit your suffrages. It may not be improper to state, that I have been engaged in surveying for the last five or six years, and think I can, with some confidence, appeal to those of my countrymen, who have had an opportunity of knowing, to say whether they believe me competent or not to discharge the duties pertaining to the said office. Should it be your pleasure to elect me, I pledge myself to give due and proper attention to the business, and to use my utmost exertions to render satisfaction. Awaiting your decision at the polls, I am very respectfully, your obedient servant, and fellow-citizen,

THOMAS W. CARTER.

Prince William co., mh 19-eotf



No comments:

Post a Comment