Monday, July 11, 2022

Amanuensis Monday: Will of Jane Carney

Will of Jane Carney
PWCo Will Book N, pg. 263

I Jane Carney do hereby make my last Will & Testament in manner & form following (that is to say)

First. I give & bequeath to my son John Carney thirty dollars as his full portion of my estate.

Secondly, I give to my Granddaughter Jane Hardin daughter of Byram Hardin one horse bridle & saddle worth fifty dollars & fifty dollars in money.

Thirdly, I give to my Granddaughter Delia Carney daughter of my son Benjamin one horse bridle & saddle worth fifty dollars & fifty dollars in money.

Fourthly, I give to my son Benjamin Carney one fifth of the residue of my estate after deducting ___ dollars the amount of an account he is due me.

Fifthly, I give to my son William Carney one fifth of my Estate after taking out the three legacies just mentioned taking from his portion ____ dollars he is due me.

Sixthly, I give to my daughter Elizabeth Murthey one fifth of my estate after taking out the three legacies just mentioned taking from her portion forty five dollars she is due me.

Seventhly, I give to my son Joshua one fifth of my Estate after the three legacies just mentioned be pd, he accounting for the thirty five dollars he is due me.

Eighthly, I give to my daughter Tamer Hardin one fifth of my estate after the three legacies [j]ust mentioned be paid.

Lastly, I do hereby constitute & appoint Byram Hardin the husband of my daughter Tamer Executor of this my last will & testament hereby revoking all other or former Wills or testaments by me heretofore made.

In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand & affixed my seal this 25th day of March 1830.

Jane Carney [X her mark] {seal}

Signed in presence of
Thomas Nelson
Richd. W. Weedon

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County the 2d. day of August 1830. 
This last will and testament of Jane Carney decd was presented to the court by Byram Harding the Execr. therein named and being proved by the oaths of Thomas Nelson and Richd. W. Weedon is ordered to be recorded, and the said Byram Harding made oath to the same according to law and having taken the oath of an Exor. .and performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted him for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste, P. D. Dawe  Ct. Cur.



No comments:

Post a Comment