Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Will: William Lee Sr. (1820)

Will of William Lee Senior
Prince William County Will Book L, pg. 343

I William Lee Senr. do hereby make my last will and testament in manner and form following that is to say:

1st. I desire that all my estate or property after my decease, my just debts & funeral expences being paid, shall remain in the hands of my beloved wife Mary Lee & her to be in full possession & enjoyment of the same during her natural life.

2nd. To my son Wm. Lee I give & bequeath a cow & calf at the death of my wife to come into his possession.

3rd. To my Daughter Nancy I give in like manner one heifer to be hers at my wifes decease.

4th. To my son Henry I give & bequeath a bed which now goes by the name of his to fall to him in like manner at my wifes decease. 

5. To my two Daughters Elizabeth & Wilhelmina I give & bequeath all the remaining property over which I now have controul after my just debts & funeral expenses are paid and the above Items are fulfilld after my wifes decease.

And lastly I do hereby constitute & appoint my friends Col. Gerard Alexander Sr. & Major Charles Ewell senr. executors of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all other or former wills or testaments by me heretofore made. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand & affixed my seal this 24th day of June in the year of our Lord One Thousand and eight hundred & twenty.

Wm. Lee Senr. [X his mark] {seal}

Signed sealed published & declard as & for the last will & testament of the above namd. Wm. Lee Senr. in presence of us.

Wm. P. Dunnington
John W. Petty

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions Contd. and held for Prince Wm. County Augt. 9th 1820. This last will and testament of Wm. Lee Senr. decd. was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of Wm. P. Dunnington & Jno. W. Petty is ordered to be recorded.

Teste, Phil D. Dawe   Ct. Cur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment