Monday, March 30, 2020

Will: William L. Scott (1830)

Will of William L. Scott
PWCo WB N, pg. 262

As it is appointed for all men to die, and having been blessed by Divine Providence to whom I feel gratefull with some of this worlds goods, and being now in a sound state of mind do solemly make and ordain this my last Will and Testament written with my own hand and sealed with my seal.

I then therefore do will, and bequeath, to my loving & affectionate mother Clarinda Scott, all my monies, lands, slaves, goods, debts and all and every kind of property whatever that I now, or may have, at any future period. These I solemly give, after my Brother James W. Scott whom I appoint my Executor shall have paid all my just debts. I also give and bequeath all my right and interest in my Fathers Estates, and all and every interest that I may have in my Uncle Noah Maddox's Estate, and I also give to her all & every interest that I may have or now have in any & every property whatever, to have & to hold and dispose of in any way she thinks proper.  Given under my hand & seal this 14th day of April 1830 at Cedar Hill Prince Wm. County& State of Virginia.

William L. Scott {seal}

Signed & sealed in presence of
J. E. Weems
Thomas I. Maddox
Allison Maddox

As I owe but few debts & those of a small magnitude I have explicit confidence in my brother James W. Scott's discharging them when ever called on. It is therefore my wish if the Court will allow it, to permit him to act as Executor with Security.

Given under my hand & seal this 14th day of April 1830
Cedar Hill Prince Wm. County VA

William L. Scott {seal}

Signed & sealed in presence of Jesse E. Weems

At a Court held for Prince William County the 5th day of July 1830.

This last will and testament of William L. Scott decd. was proved by the oaths of Jesse E. Weems and Allison Maddox witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded.

Teste, P. D. Dawe  Ct. cur.

1836 Dec. 5.  James W. Scott qualified as Executor of W. L. Scott decd. 

Teste, J. Williams   CC



No comments:

Post a Comment