Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Will: Ann Spinks

Will of Ann Spinks
PWCo. Will Book L, pg. 415

In the name of God, Amen.

I Ann Spinks of the County of Prince William and State of Virginia, do hereby make my last will and testament, in manner and form following, that is to say.

1st. I desire that the tract of land I now hold in my own right in the County & State aforesaid (adjoining the lands of my late husband) containing about eighty three acres more or less, be sold after my decease as also my Negro Girl Mary, and out of the monies arising from the sale of the said land, and the sale of the said Negroe Girl Mary all my just debts are to be paid, together with my funeral expenses. And the remainder I will and bequeath unto my daughter Susan French and my son Gerard Spinks, to be equally divided between them, excepting and saving the sum of five dollars which I wish and desire to be paid to my son Roland Spinks.

And lastly, I do hereby appoint my friend Addison H. Clark of the Town of Occoquan Executor of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all other former Wills and testaments by me made heretofore.

In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this first day of December in the year of our Lord, Eighteen hundred and twenty one. 1821.

Ann (x her mark) Spinks {seal}

In presence of

Michl. Cleary
Elizabeth Venable

At a Court held for Prince William County Jany 7, 1822.

This last will and testament of Ann Spinks decd. was presented to the Court by Addison H. Clark the Exor. therein named and the same being proved by the oaths of the witnesses thereto is ordered to be recorded and the said Exor having solemnly affirmed to the said Will and performed what is usual in such cases Certificate is granted him for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste, P. D. Dawe   Cl Cur








No comments:

Post a Comment