Monday, September 30, 2019

Will: John R. Wright

John R. Wright Will
PWCo Will Book I, pg. 399

In the name of God Amen I John R. Wright of the County of Prince William do make & ordain this my last will & testament. 

First I will and desire that after the payment of all my just debts & my well beloved wife Sally have the use of all my Estate to raise and educate my Children upon untill my oldest child arives to the age of Twenty one years & there to be divided as follows:

Item when my oldest child arives at the age of twenty one years I will & bequeath unto my well beloved wife Sally one third part of my Estate. Item when my oldest child shall have arrived at the age of twenty one I will and desire that the other two thirds of my estate not heretofore divided to my wife be divided into five equal parts one of which parts or fifth part of said two thirds I bequeath to my son Hubbard.  Item one other fifth part of said two thirds I bequeath to my son John (at the time when my oldest child shall have arived at the age of twenty one years). Item when my eldest child arives at the age of twenty one years I bequeath to my daughter Maryann one other fifth part of said two thirds of my estate as aforesaid. Item when my oldest child arives to the age of Twenty one years I bequeath to my son Thomas one other fifth part of said two thirds of my estate. Item and when my said oldest child arives to the age of twenty one, I bequeath one other of fith part of said two thirds of my estate to the child my wife is now pregnant with and if any of my children before mentioned or the one with which my wife is noe pregnant should die before it arrives at the age of twenty one years my will & desire is that the part devised to that be divided among the surviving children except such child dying should marry & have a child or children in which event my desire is that the said child or children do possess the part of their parent and lastly I appoint my beloved wife Sally my brother in law Wm. Tolson & my brother Burditt Wright my Executors of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all former wills & testaments.  Given from under my hand & seal this [ ] day of October 1807.

John Wright {seal}

Signed Sealed & published in presence of us who attested this will at the same time by the request of the Testator.

Seth Botts
Isham E. Hedges
Thomas Wright

At a Court held for Prince William County May 2 1808

This last will and testament of John Wright dec'd was presented to the County and being proved by the oath of Seth Botts is ordered to be Certified.

And at a Court held for said County July 4th 1808

This last will & testament of John R. Wright dec'd was fully proved by the oath of Isham E. Hedges and ordered to be recorded.

Teste

J. Williams Ct. Cur.


No comments:

Post a Comment