Monday, September 9, 2019

Will: Ignatius Mitchell Wheeler

Ignatius Mitchell Wheeler Will
PWCo Will Book I, pg. 429

In the name of God Amen this 20th day of October 1807 I Ignatius Mitchell Wheeler of Prince William County and State of Virginia being very weak and in firm health, tho' thanks be to God of perfect sound mind and memory and calling to mind the mortality of my body and knowing it is appointed for all men once to die do make and ordain this my last will and testament and first of all I recommend and commit my soul into the hands of the Lord Jesus, and my body to its mother dust knowing most assuredly I shall receive the same again by the mighty power of God, and as touching my worldly estate wherewith I am blessed with in this life I give devise and dispose of the same in the following matter & form.

Item I give and bequeath unto my beloved wife Sarah Chapman Wheeler all my Estate that I possess dureing her natural life, dureing the term of her life if my sd. wife Sarah Chapman Wheeler should be in want of necessaries for her support she may use or put any part thereof to such use or advantage as she may think most proper and after the death of my wife Sarah Chapman Wheeler the estate then remaining in her hands that I gave her dureing her life together with the increase thereof ariseing from my estate to be equally divided between my two sisters (by fathers side) Mary Chapman Wheeler and Harriet Wheeler.  I also make & ordain my wife Sarah Chapman Wheeler my whole and sole executrix of this my last will and testament utterly revoking, disclaiming, disallowing & disanuling all and every other former Wills, Legacies, Bequests, & Executors by me before this time Will'd Named or Bequeathed & ratifying and confirming it to be my last will and testament.

In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand & seal the day and date first within written.

Ignatius Mitchell Wheeler {seal}

Signed Seal'd by the Testator and acknowledged & by him to be his last will and testament in presence of us

Teste
John Thorn
Benson Lynn

The testator also in the presence of us affixes this sequal or caudial to this will saying thus that if eithe rof his two mentioned sisters Mary Chapman or Harriet Wheeler should die before they possess the mentioned estate the Survivor is to have all and if both my sister should die before my wife Sarah Chapman Wheeler then said Estate shall belong & be the rite of my wife Sarah Chapman Wheeler to give devise or dispose of as she may think most proper & in order to confirm this sequal he has also set his hand & seal with acknowledgement the date first written.

Ignatius Mitchell Wheeler {seal}

Teste
John Thorn
Benson Lynn

At a Court held for Prince William County May 1 [?] 1809

This last will and testament of Ignatius Mitchell Wheeler dec'd was presented to the Court and being proved by the Oaths of John Thorn & Benson Lynn was ordered to be recorded.

Teste
Jno. Williams Ct. Cur.

[Margin Note]:  At November Court 1809 Administration with the will annexed of Ignatius M. Wheeler dec'd was granted to Reuben Calvert.   J. Williams Ct. Cur.




No comments:

Post a Comment