Saturday, July 23, 2016

Will: James Vowles (1871)

JAMES VOWLES Will
PWCo Will Book S, page 118

December 8th 1871. In the name of God amen being in my right mind I do make this my last will and testament.  First I give and bequeath unto Mary Ann Priest my farm known by the name of Right farm containing 148 acres. Also $150 Dollars to be paid at my death, and after all my just debts and other expenses are paid, the balance of my property I give unto my sister Dolly or her airs forever. And I do leave Richard D. Vowls of Danial my Executor of my estate. Given under my hand this 8th day of December 1871.

James [x his mark] Vowles

Teste,
Thos. W. Reeves
James W. Fairfax
Uriah J. Fairfax

At a court held for Prince William County on Monday the 6th day of January 1873. The last will and testament of James Vowles decd. was this day presented to the court by Richard D. Vowles the Executor therein named & being proved by the oath of James W. Fairfax and Uriah J. Fairfax subscribing witnesses thereto was ordered to be recorded and the said Richard D. Vowles announced the ___ of the execution of the said will.

Teste, L. A. Davis clk.




No comments:

Post a Comment