Saturday, January 23, 2021

Will: Zachariah Bradfield (1820)

Will of Zachariah Bradfield
PWCo. Will Book L, pg. 353

In the name of God Amen. I Zachariah Bradfield of the County of Prince William and State of Virginia do ordain and make this my last Will and Testament revoking all by me heretofore made. Firstly I give and bequeath to my son George Bradfield & his Heirs forever all that Tract or parcel of land whereon I formerly resided situate on the Occoquan run with all the appurtenances belonging

Secondly It is my desire after all my just debts are paid by my Executor hereafter named that an equal division of the remainder of my property shall be made among all my children. 

Thirdly I appoint George Bradfield my son my sole and entire Executor. In Confirmation whereof I have this Ninth day of November one thousand eight hundred and twenty affixed my hand and seal.

Zachariah [X his mark] Bradfield {seal}

Witnesses Present

Redmon Foster
Orpha [X her mark] Bradfield

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County March 5th 1821. This last will and testament of Zachariah Bradfield dec'd was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of Redmon Foster and Orpha Bradfield is ordered to be recorded.

Teste  Phil. D. Dawe   Ct. cur.



No comments:

Post a Comment