Friday, April 10, 2020

Will: Elizabeth Green

Will of Elizabeth Green
PWCo Will Book N, pg. 274

I Elizabeth Green of Prince William County Virginia do ordain, constitute, and appoint this my last Will and Testament.

In the first place my desire is that all my debts (which are few and small) be paid then in the second place I give, and bequeath to my dearly beloved daughter Frances E. Green all my property both real, and personal, consisting of one tract of land of between one & two hundred acres which joins P. Warder Doct Thos. Ewell decd. & Thompson Green decd. One negro woman Amy & child, one negro boy, Walt, and one small boy Ferdinand, and also all the little stock and furniture, and money which may be due me, & P. Warder Ext.

In Testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand & seal this 5th July 1830.

Elizabeth [X her mark] Green {seal}

Teste,
P. Warder
Jesse Green
Mary B. Green


At a Court held for Prince William County the 6th day of September 1830.  This last will and testament of Elizabeth Green decd. was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of Philip Warder and Jesse Green, is ordered to be recorded, and Philip Warder the Executor therein named came into Court and made oath to the same according to law, and having taken the oath of an Extr. and performed what is usual in such cases Certificate is granted for him to obtain a probate thereof in due form.

Teste, P. D. Dawe   Ct. Cur.




No comments:

Post a Comment