Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Will: William Brown (son of Sarah) (1818)

Will of William Brown
PWCo Will Book L, pg. 275

In the name of God Amen, I William Brown of the County of Prince William and state of Virginia considering the uncertainty of this mortal life make this my last will and testament in the manner and form following to wit -- First I lend to my affectionate Mother all the property that descended to me by the death of my Brother Robert Brown both real and personal during her natural life after the death of my Mother if either of my Brothers John Brown Richard Brown and Benjamin Brown should be living it is my will and and desire that they shall have an equal proportion of the property I am now possessed of as well as the property that would have descended to me by the death of my Brother Robert Brown at the death of my mother Sarah Brown.  That it may be more clearly understood It is my will and desire that after my Mothers death all the land and negroes and other property that I am or might have been possessed of shall be equally divided among my surviving Brothers to them and their heirs forever. I also will that Brothers John Brown Benjamin Brown & Richard Brown shall give to Sarah Anne Hampton Renoe when she shall Marry or arrive at lawful age a good horse saddle and bridle. I do hereby constitute John Brown my Brother Executor to this my last will and testament.

In witness whereof I have hereunto affixed my hand and seal this twelvth day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and eighteen.

William Brown {seal}

Signed sealed and delivered by the above named William Brown to be his last will and testament in the presence of us who have hereunder subscribed our names in presence of the testator.

Robt. Hamilton
Henry Dogan
William Wheeler

At a Court held for Prince William County October the 5th 1818. This last will and testament of William Brown decd was presented to the Court and being proved by the oath of Wm. Wheeler is ordered to be certified.

AT a Court held for said County January the 4th 1819. This said last will and testament of William Brown decd was fully proved by the oath of Robert Hamilton and admitted to record.

Teste.  Phil. D. Dawe ct. cur




No comments:

Post a Comment