Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Will: John Fryer

John Fryer Will
PWCo Will Book I, pg. 6

John Fryer's last Will & Testament

In the name of God Amen I John Fryer of Prince William County Commonwealth of Virginia being weak and infirm in body but perfectly in my senses mind & memory and calling to mind the mortality of man that it is appointed for all men once to die I therefore ordain & make this & none other to be my last will and Testament in manner and form as follows.

Imprimis. I in the first place at Death commend my soul into the hands of God who gave it and my body to be interred at the discretion of my Executors. Item I in the second place as ___ing my worldly Estate wherewith it hath pleased God in mercy to bestow upon me I give and bequeath to my dearly beloved wife Elizabeth Fryer all my whole estate without reserve during her natural life and after her decease to be sold and equally divide amongst all my children. Item I in the 3rd place leave and ordain my beloved wife Elizabeth Fryer Executrix and my beloved friends William Gaines and James Foster Executors of this my last will and testament.

In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this thirty first day of May in the year of our Lord God one thousand seven hundred and ninety seven.

John Fryer {seal}

Signed and delivered in the presence of
Jabez Fryer
John Fryer Jnr
Tapley Fryer

At a Court held for Prince William County December 5th 1803

This last will and Testament of John Fryer dec'd was presented to the court by Elizabeth Fryer Ex. and William Gaines Exor therein named who made oath thereunto according to Law and the said will being proved by the oaths of John Fryer Jr. and Tapley Fryer was admitted to record and said Exorx and Exor having performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted then for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste
John Williams Cl. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment