Monday, February 15, 2016

Will: Richard Stonnel (1805)

RICHARD STONNEL Will
Prince William County Will Book I, pg. 60
17 Jan 1805; proved 2 Jul 1805

In the name of God Amen I RICHARD STONNEL of Prince William County Planter being weak in body but having my perfect reason and right of sence and understanding do hereby make this my last will and testament.  I promis to give and be queath unto my sun in law WILLIAM LOYD one feather bed & furniture when he needs it.  I give and bequeath unto my be loved wife SALLY STONEL all the rest of my estate as long as she may live after all my just debts is paid and at her death for what is left to be divided amongst all my children and my wifes two sons:  JOHN CORNWELL & GEORGE CORNWELL.  This instrument of righting made the seventeenth day of January one thousand eight hundred and five.

RICHARD STONNEL  {seal}

Signed sealed and acknowledged and deliverd in presence of

ALAN BLAND
JESSEY WARDER
WILLIAM BAWSEL

At a Court held for Prince William County July 2nd 1805.

This last will and testament of RICHARD STONNEL decd was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of WILLIAM BAWSELL, ALLEN BLAND and JESSE WARDER was ordered to be recorded.  And administration with the will annexed of the estate of RICHARD STONNELL decd is granted to SARAH STONNELL she having taken the oath prescribed by law and executed and acknowledged a bond with security according to law.

Teste


J.WILLIAMS  Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment