Monday, September 14, 2015

Will: Benjamin Pridmore

BENJAMIN PRIDMORE Will
Prince Wm. County Will Book P, pg. 290

I BENJAMIN PRIDMORE of the County of Prince William & State of Virginia being desirous of disposing of my effects in my lifetime do make this my last will and testament in manner and form following (viz.) 1st. I wish all my perishable property to be sold on a credit of nine months except my negroes and all my just debts & funeral expenses to be paid out of the proceeds of such sale.  2d. I give and bequeath to my wife LYIA PRIDMORE one third of all my estate that may remain both personal and real during her natural life.  3d. I give and bequeath to my daughter MARY D. PRIDMORE one sixth of all my estate that may remain both personal and real to her & her heirs forever.  4th. I give and bequeath to my son BENJAMIN and his heirs forever one sixth of all my estate both personal & real.  5th. I give and bequeath to my son-in-law JAMES A. SPINDLE and his wife SARAH JANE one sixth of all my estate to have and to hold the same forever subject to an account amounting to one hundred and thirty five dollars.  6th. I give and bequeath to my two grand daughters EMELINE FRANCIS SEE and MARGARET VIRGINIA SEE one sixth of all my estate both personal and real subject to an account of two hundred and fourteen dollars and fifty nine cents, but should said EMELINE F. and MARGARET SEE or either of them die without issue then it is my will that whatever property they may possess derived from my estate shall return to my lawful heirs.  7. I give and bequeath to my grand son EDON TEMPLE HUTCHINSON one sixth of all my estate both personal and real subject an account of forty nine dollars, but should said EDON TEMPLE HUTCHINSON die without issue then it is my will that whatever property he may be possessed of derived from my estate shall return to my lawful heirs.  8th. I give and bequeath to my two grand daughters SARAH CATHARINE and MARTHA ANN PRIDMORE one sixth of all my estate both personal and real subject to an account of one hundred dollars but should said SARAH CATHARINE and MARTHA ANN PRIDMORE or either of them die without issue then it is my will that whatever property they either of them may be possessed with derived from my estate shall return to my lawful heirs.  Lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint my son BENJAMIN H. PRIDMORE executor of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all other or former wills or testaments by me heretofore made in witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand this 14th day of January 1846.

BENJAMIN PRIDMORE {seal}

Signed sealed published and declared by BENJAMIN PRIDMORE as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us who at his request and in his presence have subscribed our names as witnesses.

ROBERT C. LEACHMAN {seal}
FRANCES M. LEWIS {seal}
WALTER WOODYARD {seal}

In Prince William County Court, June 7, 1847.

This last will and testament of BENJAMIN PRIDMORE decd. was proved by the oaths of ROBERT C. LEACHMAN, FRANCIS M. LEWIS, & WALTER WOODYARD subscribing witnesses thereto & ordered to be recorded.  And on the motion of BENJAMIN H. PRIDMORE the Exor. named therein, who made oath thereto & together with LYDIA PRIDMORE, MARY D. PRIDMORE, EMELINE F. SEE, MARGARET V. SEE & JAMES A. SPINDLE his securities entered into & acknowledges a bond in the penalty of $12,000 condition as the law directs certificate is granted him for obtaining a probate of said will in due form.

Teste  J.WILLIAMS

No comments:

Post a Comment