Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Will: Margaret G. Roach (1858)

Margaret G. Roach Will
Prince William County Will Book R pg 132-133

I Margaret G. Roach of the County of Prince William and State of Virginia being weak in body but of sound mind and disposing memory and desiring to dispose of my property, do hereby make my last will and testament in the manner and form following; that is to say 1st I give and bequeath to my nephew John William Larkin, and to my niece Penelope Victoria Larkin all my estate, both real, personal, and mixed, to be equally divided between them to have and to hold the same to them and their heirs forever, and lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint George W. Larkin executor of this my last will and testament, hereby revoking all other or former wills or testaments by me heretofore made. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this 5th day of May in the year 1858.

Margaret G. Roach {seal}

Signed, sealed, published and declared by Margaret G. Roach as and for her last will and testament in the presence of us, who at her request and in her presence have subscribed our names as witnesses.

Thos. W. Beedle
John Langyher


At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for the Count of Prince William on the 2d day of August 1858.

This last will and testament of Margaret G. Roach deceased was proved by the oaths of Thomas W. Beedle and John Langyher, witnesses thereto, and is ordered to be recorded, and on the motion of George W. Larkin the executor therein named who made oath thereto and together with Edwin Gaines and John Y. Cundiff his securities (who justified as to his sufficiency) entered into and acknowledged their bond in the penalty of $600.00, conditioned as the law directs, certificate is granted him for obtaining a pr___r of the said will in due form.

Teste,

M. B. Sinclair clerk 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete