Monday, November 23, 2015

Will: John King (1797)

JOHN KING Will
Prince William County Will Book H, pg. 228
16 May 1797; Proved 2 Oct 1797

In the name of God Amen I JOHN KING of the County of Prince William being weak in body but of sound & perfect mind and memory do make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form following.

I give & bequeath unto RACHEL BOOTMAN all the property I am possessed of consisting of stock and household goods and whereas I am entitled to money due me from the Commonwealth as a pension & have impowered JOHN LINTON to draw the same for me I further give and bequeath that to RACHELL BOOTMAN the whole of the stock and household goods & money I give to the said RACHELL for the use and benefit of my four children which I have had by her, namely MARYANN KING, WILLIAM KING, WILSY KING & ELIZABETH KING.  I also appoint the above named RACHELL BOOTMAN executrix of this my last will and testament.  In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 16th Day of May in the year of our lord 1797.

JOHN [his mark] KING  {seal}

Signed sealed published & declared by the above named JOHN KING to be his last will and testament in the presence of us who have hereunto subscribed our names as Witnesses in the presence of the testator

JOHN LINTON
JOHN OARD
THOMAS OARD

At a court held for Prince William County the 2nd day of October 1797

This last will & testament of JOHN KING decd. was presented to the Court by RACHEL BOOTMAN the Executrix therein named who made oath thereto according to law and the said will being proved by the oath of JOHN OARD is ordered to be recorded; and the said Executrix having taken the oath of an Executrix and entered into bond with JOHN OARD and WILLIAM ANNISS Jun. Her securities who swore they were worth one hundred dollars each after their debts are paid, certificate is granted her for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste

JOHN WILLIAMS  Ct Cur.


No comments:

Post a Comment