Monday, January 27, 2014

Will: Henry Holland (1852)

Henry Holland Will
Prince William County
Will Book Q, pg. 6

I Henry Holland of the County of Prince William and State of Virginia do make this my last will and testament in manner and form as follows, revoking all others.

I desire first that all my just debts and funeral expenses be paid out of perishable property and debts due my estate.

2.  I give to my wife Mary F. L. Holland all my estate both real and personal during her life and then to my heirs forever.

Given under my hand this 23d day of January 1852.

Henry Holland

Signed and acknowledged in presence of

Reuben Ives
Samuel Stoddard

In Prince William County Court March 1st 1852.

This last will and testament of Henry Holland decd. was proved according to law by the oaths of Reuban Ives and Samuel Stoddard witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded.  And on the motion of Mary F. L. Holland who made oath and together with Robert Hodgkin & Philip D. Lipscomb, her securities entered into & acknowledged a bond in the penalty of $5,000 conditioned as the law directs, certificate is granted the said Mary F. L. Holland for obtaining letters of administration on the decedent's estate, with the will aforesaid annexed in due form.

Teste,

J. Williams, c.c.


1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for this! Have been looking for years for this man. An English newspaper recorded his death in 1852 . "Henry Holland of Occoguan in America"..... which I have only tonight discovered is Occoquan .

    ReplyDelete