Monday, January 20, 2014

Deed: Holliday to Cole (1821)

HOLLIDAY to COLE
18 September 1821
Prince William Co. Deed Book 8, pg. 222

Whereas DANIEL COLE of the County of Prince William did become my security in the purchase of some Negroes of Seth Combs administrator of Fielding Combs decd. and the said Daniel having paid a considerable sum of money to the aforesaid Seth Combs on my account Know therefore all men by these presents that I Zacheus Holliday of the County of Stafford and Commonwealth of Virginia wishing to compensate and reimburse the aforesaid Daniel Cole on account of the money paid to aforesaid Seth Combs do by these presents grant bargain sell alien and confirm unto the aforesaid Daniel Cole his heirs and assigns forever the following property (to wit) one bay mare three head of cattle one bed and furniture and beausat six chairs a chest together with my kitchen furniture likewise my crop of corn and fodder I the aforesaid Zaccheus Holliday for myself and heirs do hereby warrant and defend the title in and to the aforesaid property to the above mentioned Daniel Cole and his heirs forever.  In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this 18th day of September one thousand eight hundred and twenty one.

Zacheus Holliday

Executed and delivered in presence of
Thos. Storke
Bernard Cole

Prince William County to wit:

This deed from Zacheus Holliday to Daniel Cole was proved in the Clerks office of said County on the 17th January 1822 by the oath of Thomas Storke and on the 15th March 1822 by the oath of Bernard Cole & admitted to record.

No comments:

Post a Comment