Monday, October 3, 2016

Amanuensis Monday: Will of Hebron Molair

Hebron Molair Will
Prince William County Will Book Q, Pg. 309

In the name of God Amen I Hebron Molair of County of Prince William in the state of Virginia, being of sound mind and memory and understanding do make this my last will and testament, in manner following, that is to say. – It is my will and desire that my just debts and personal expenses be paid out of my estate. I give and devise to my wife Rebecca Molair for the term of her natural life all my estate, real, personal, and mixed, except the devise hereafter made to George W. Molair of one Bay mare colt, to be held by her without impeachment of waste.

I give and devise to my son George W. Molair, one Bay mare colt.  After the death of my wife, it is my will and desire that the estate above devised to her for life shall be equally divided between my five children, namely George W. Molair, Frances E. Molair, James E. Molair, John L. Molair, and Leroy Molair and their heirs.  I hereby appoint George W. Molair, executor of this my will. In witness whereof I have hereinto subscribed my name this fourteenth day of October one thousand eight hundred and fifty-five.

Hebron [X his mark] Molair

Signed and acknowledged by the testator in presence of us who at his request and in his presence and in presence of each other have subscribed our names as

M. B. Sinclair
W. E. Goodwin
John Molair

At a court of quarterly sessions held for Prince William Count on the 5th day of November 1855

This last will and testament of Hebron Molair dec’d was proved by the oaths of Mordecai B. Sinclair and William E. Goodwin witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded and on the motion of George W. Molair the executor therein named who made oath there to and together with Thomas R. Davis and James M. Sinclair his securities (one of whom Thomas K. Davis justified as to his sufficiency) entered into and acknowledged their bond in the penalty of $1500.00 conditioned as the law directs, certificate is granted him for obtaining a probat[e] of the aid will in due form.

Teste, P. D. Lipscomb, clk


No comments:

Post a Comment