Monday, October 31, 2016

Amanuensis Monday: Gift Deed: Graham to Graham (1786)

Gift Deed
Graham to Graham
PWCo. Deed Book Z, pg. 116

Know all men by these presents that I Robert Graham of the County of Prince William in Virginia for divers good causes & more especially for the affection and good will I bear to my brother Walter Graham have given granted and confirmed and by these presents do give grant & confirm unto the said Walter two molatto [sic] slaves named Daniel and Esther to have and to hold the said slaves Daniel and Esther with the future increase of the said Esther to him the said Walter Graham his heirs ex[ecutors] adm[inistrators] & assigns and alll persons claiming under me my heirs do forever.  In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand & seal this sixth day of December, one thousand seven hundred & eighty six.

Robt. Graham {seal}

Teste,
James Park
J. Murray
J. Lawson

At a Court held in the same County the 4th day of May 1787. 

This same Deed of Gift was proved by the oath of John Lawson and ordered to be recorded.

Teste,
John Williams [clerk]

No comments:

Post a Comment