Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Will: Anne Ward (1852)

ANNE WARD Will
Prince William County Will Book Q, pg. 79

I Anne Ward of the County of Prince William do make and ordain this to be my last will and testament, hereby revoking any and all other will or wills by me heretofore made whereas my deceased husband Zachariah Ward did by his last will and testament, which is of record in the clerks office of the County court of Prince William, Give and devise to me during my natural life all his estate both real and personal consisting of the small tracts of land, two in the County of Fairfax and one in the County of Prince William, together with all his negroes, horses, cattle and house hold furniture, after my death, the one half to be equally divided between his four children, Barbara, Berkely, Hetty, Mariah, the other half of his estate be left at my disposal to give it to whom I please among his children and grand children. I give and devise to my daughter Mariah Ward the one half of my said husband’s estate which was left at my disposal. In testimony whereof, I have hereunto let my hand and seal this 24th day of October 1851.

Anne Ward

Signed, sealed, published and delivered by said Anne Ward as and for her last will and testament in presence of

B. Ward
A. H. Saunders
Jno. A. Saunders
Robt. E. Utterback

At a court of quarterly sessions continued and held for Prince William Count on this 3d day of August 1852 this last will and testament of Anne Ward decd. was presented to the court and being proved by the oaths of Berkely Ward and Addison H. Saunders witnesses thereto and was ordered to be recorded.


Teste, P. D. Lipscomb, clk



No comments:

Post a Comment