Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Will: Thomas Mahony (1823)

THOMAS MAHONY Will
Prince William County Will Book  M, pg 106
26 Oct 1822; proved 01 Dec 1823

In the name of God Amen I THOMAS MAHONY being of sound and disposing mind to make this my last will and testament.  I desire at my death that I may be decently intered and that the expences arising shall be paid by W. R. CHAPMAN in whose hands my pension money is kept.  I also desire that the said Chapman shall after my death pay unto my son JACK a SLAVEin the possession of Mrs. SARAH WEEDON all monies that may be at that time in his hands arising from my pension or in any other way.  I also desire that my said son JACK shall have all my wearing apparrel & such other goods and chattels that I may be in possession of at that time given under my hand and seal this 26th day of October 1822.

THOS. MAHONY

Teste,
W. R. CHAPMAN, W. HARRISON

At a Court held for Prince William County December 1st 1823.  This last will and testament of THOS. MAHONY decd. was presented to the court and being proved by the oath of Wm. R. Chapman one of the witnesses thereto ordered to be recorded.


Teste, P. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment