Monday, December 28, 2015

Will: Susannah Fowles (1824)

SUSANNAH FOWLES Will
Prince William County Will Book M, pg 211
26 Mar 1821; proved 02 Nov 1824

In the name of God Amen Be it known unto all it may concern that I SUSANNAH FOWLS of the County of Prince William & State of Virginia feeling infirm in bodie and knowing that god has appointed a time for all human flesh to depart this life and feeling and knowing that I am at this time in my proper mind and perfect sences I make this my last will and testament.  Be it known for the natural good I bair for JOSEPH BOBO and for and in consideration of the sum of one dollar to me in hand paid by the said BOBO the receipt hereof is hereby acknowledged together with many years services.  For which I give and bequeath unto the said JOSEPH BOBO of the County of first above written one full half of all my personal property to the proper use & behoof of said BOBO and to his heirs and assigns forever.  Also I give grant and bequeath unto my daughter MARY CONNER one full half of all my personal property of every discription to have and to hold unto the said MARY CONNER her heirs and assigns forever.  And I the said SUSANNAH FOWLES do hereby agree and oblige myself to disannul all wills that have ever bin made by me before this date and considering them voide and of none effect.  In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hands & seal this twenty sixth day of March in the year of our lord one thousand eight hundred and twenty one.

SUSANNAY FOWLES

Signed sealed in the presence of us
THOS. B. ANNISS
JAMES ADAMS

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions and held for the County of Prince William November the 2nd 1824.  This last will and testament of SUSANNAH FOWLES decd. was presented to the court and the same being proved by the oaths of the Witnesses thereto is ordered to be recorded.


Teste, PHIL. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment