Friday, October 23, 2015

Will: Jacob Merchant (1816)

JACOB MERCHANT Will
Prince William County Will Book K, pg. 520
22 Jul 1815; proved 04 Jun 1816

I JACOB MERCHANT of the Town of Dumfries and county of Prince William do make and ordain this and for my last will and testament.  I desire that all my just debts be paid for which purpose I desire that my Executors hereafter mentioned shall sell the house and lot I now live in which was purchased of MATHEW HARRISON’s trustees, the residue of my estate both real and personal will be disposed of agreeably to the laws of Virginia amongst my dear wife and children.  I appoint GEORGE F. HUBER and PHILIP D. DAWE Executors of this my last will and testament.  In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this 22nd July 1815.

JACOB MERCHANT {seal}

Signed sealed and ackd. As and for the last will & testament o the testator in the presence of us
JOHN MERCANT, AUG. B. CARTER, WM. DAWE

At a court of quarterly sessions and held for Prince William County June 4th 1816.

This last will and testament of JACOB MERCHANT decd. was presented to the Court by P. D. DAWE one of the Exeors therein named, who made oath to the same according to law, and the said will being proved by the oaths of JOHN MERCHANT and AUGUSTUS B. CARTER is ordered to be recorded.  And the said PHIL. D. DAWE having taken the oath of an Exor and performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted her for obtaining a probate thereof in due form/


Teste, PHIL. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment