Saturday, August 15, 2015

Will: Jane Keough (1823)

JANE KEOUGH Will
Prince William County Will Book M, pg 107
13 Jan 1821; proved 01 Dec 1823

In the name of God Amen I JANE KEOUGH of the County of Prince William & State of Virginia do make this my last will and testament in maner and form as follows.  First, I give and bequeath unto my son MATHEW KEOUGH and to his heirs forever the land I now live on which said land I purchased from Baylis Renoe for one hundred and forty acres be the same more or less and the further sum of four hundred dollars which said legacy is on account of money he has furnished me.  Secondly, I give and bequeath unto my seven children namely MATHEW KEOUGH, PATRICK KEOUGH, JOHN KEOUGH, WILLIAM KEOUGH, CHARLES KEOUGH, HARRIET KEOUGH and MARGARET KEOUGH all the residue of my property to be equally divided between them with this proviso that my son WILLIAM KEOUGH shall not dispose of any part of his property without the consent of my Executor & Executrix.  Thirdly, in case my son MATHEW KEOUGH should depart this life before myself the property I have bequeathed him I bequeath unto my two daughters HARRIET KEOUGH and MARGARET KEOUGH to them and their heirs forever.  Fourthly and lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint my son MATHEW KEOUGH and daughter HARRIET KEOUGH Executor and Executrix of this my last will and testament revoking all others heretofore by me made in witness whereof I have hereto set my hand & seal this 13th day of January eighteen hundred and twenty one.

JANE KEOUGH

Signed sealed and delivered in the presence of
SIMON LUTTRELL, THOMAS COCKE

At a Court held for Prince William County December 1st 1823.  This last will and testament of JANE KEOUGH decd. was presented to the court and being proved by the oaths of the witnesses thereto ordered to be recorded.


Teste, PHIL. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment