Saturday, July 11, 2015

Will: George Graham (1816)

GEORGE GRAHAM Will
Prince William County Will Book K, pg. 504
21 Nov 1815; proved 05 Mar 1816

In the name of God Amen I GEORGE GRAHAM of the County of Prince William and State of Virginia being of sound and disposing mind, blessed be God, do make this my last will and testament, annulling and revoking all other wills heretofore made by me.  Imprimis. My will and desire is that all my just debts shall be paid. 2ndly I give and bequeath unto my nephew JOHN GRRAHAM HESLOP all my estate for the following uses and purposes. 3rd I give and confirm unto JAMES KEMPE all that tract of land lying on occoquan river at Davis’ ford which I purchased from JOHN BLAND, as by reference to the deed will more fully appear, and which has never been conveyed to him, my will is that my executor shall convey the said to him JAMES KEMPE.  4th I give unto my brother JOHN GRAHAM of Law house in the county of Cumberland, England one mority of the residue of my real estate in this country, the whole of which it is my desire shall be sold, on a credit of ones two, three or four years at the discretion of my executors, and that my brother JOHN’s proportion, of the nett proceeds – must be remitted to him or his heirs as the payment shall become due.  5th The other moiety of my real estate I give to my sister ISABELLE HESLOP and unto my nephew JOHN GRRAHAM HESLOP equally.  6th I give my wife SUSANNE one mority of all the country man counterpaines, sheets, and table cloths, of domestic manufacture a dressing glass and dressing table, her choice of any bed and bedstead & furniture, in lieu of the one she brought with her.  I also give her the silver teapot and silver stand for the same.  I add nothing more as my wife is very amply provided for and has no need of my assistance, but my desire is that she shall have the use and occupancy of my farm where I now live for one or two years, reckening the time from the first of January in the year I shall happen to die, that she may get herself accommodated on her own farm, provided she does not commit waste on the estate, nor clear any more land, nor cut wood, except for the use of the farm and for her own firewood for herself and family.  7th I give my sister ISABELLE HESLOP one mority of all my present estate the other mority I give to my nephew JOHN GRAHAM HESLOP.  I constitute and appoint my nephew JOHN GRAHAM HESLOP whole and sole executor of this my last will and testament given under my hand and seal this twenty first day of November one thousand eight hundred and fifteen.

GEO. GRAHAM {seal}

Signed sealed delivered and acknowledged as and for my last will and testament in the presence of ROBERT THURMAN, THO. THURMAN, SANFORD THURMAN

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions continued and held for Prince William County March 5th 1816

This last will and testament of GEORGE GRAHAM deceased was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of THOMAS THURMAN and SANFORD THURMAN is admitted to record. 

At a court of quarterly sessions continued and held for Prince William County March 6th 1816.

JOHN G. HESLOP executor named in the last will and testament of GEORGE GRAHAM deceased came into court, and made oath to the same according to law, and having taken the oath of an Executor and performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted her for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.


Teste, PHIL. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment