Monday, May 18, 2015

Will: Charles Johnson (1805)

CHARLES JOHNSON Will
Prince William County Will Book I, pg. 54
21 Dec 1801; proved 6 May 1805

In the name of God Amen I CHARLES JOHNSON of Prince William County in the State of Virginia being in tolerable health of body and sound memory thanks be to God for his mercies, calling to mind the uncertainty of this life and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to dye for the peace of my family after my deceas. And for the setling my worldly affairs, do make and ordaine this my last will and testament, as follows, first my desire that all my just debts and funeral expense be paid and satisfied, secondly I give to my beloved wife MARY all my estate both real and personal during her life or widowhood and after her deceas or marriage to be equally divided between my three sons, and two daughters; that is to say my sons BALEY, ROBERT, and ELIJAH, my daughters ALLY and SELAH.  I constitute make and ordain my beloved wife MARY and my son BALEY Executrix and Executor of this my last will and testament, hereby ratifying and confirmation this and no other to be my last will and testament.  In Witness whereof I have set my hand and seal this twenty first day of December One thousand eight hundred and one.

CHARLES [his mark] JOHNSON  {seal}

Signed sealed and declared by CHARLES JOHNSON not be his last Will & Testament in the presence of us who subscribed our names in his presence

MOSES MOSS
JOHN REDMAN
FRANCIS CARTER

At a Court held for Prince William County April 1805.

This last will and testament of CHARLES JOHNSON decd. was presented to the court and being proved by the oath of MOSES MOSS was ordered to be certified.

At a Court held for sd. County May 6th 1805.

This said Will of CH. JOHNSON decd. was presented to the Court and being fully proved by the Oath of JOHN REDMAN was ordered to be recorded.

Teste

J.WILLIAMS  Ct. Cur.


No comments:

Post a Comment