Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Will: John Galloway (1813)

JOHN GALLOWAY Will
Prince William County Will Book K, pg. 203
15 March 1813; proved 5 Apr 1813

In the name of God Amen I JOHN GALLOWAY of the Town of Dumfries County of Prince William & State of Virginia do make and ordain this as my last will and testament in manner following that is to say in the first place I give and bequeath to my grand son ALEXANDER HENDERSON WATERS all my books, except Calvanism improved in the second place I give and bequeath all the residue of my estate to my dear wife EPPA GALLOWAY to her and her heirs forever.  And I do appoint my said wife Executrix of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all other wills heretofore made by me.  In Testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this fifteenth day of March eighteen hundred thirteen.

JOHN GALLOWAY {seal}

Signed sealed published and declared by the Testator as his last will and testament in the presence of  interlined in 6th line

PHIL D. DAWE, JAMES DENEALE, JACOB MERCHANT

At a Court held for Prince William County the 5th day of April 1813.

This last will and testament of JOHN GALLOWAY decd. was presented to the Court by and being proved by the oaths of JAMES DENEALE and PHILIP D. DAWE is ordered to be recorded.

AT a Court continued and held for said County April 7th 1818.

EPPA GALLOWAY the Executrix named in the last will and testament of JOHN GALLOWAY decd. came into Court and made oath to the same according to law, and having taken the oath of an Executrix and performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted her for obtaining a probate thereof in due form


Teste,  PHIL. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment