Friday, January 30, 2015

Will: Susannah Tharp (1809)

SUSANNA THARP Will
Prince William County Will Book I, pg. 442
12 June 1809; proved 07 Aug 1809

In the name of God Amen I SUSANNAH THARP of the County of Prince William and State of Virginia being sick and weak of body but blessed be God of perfect sence and memory do ordain and appoint this my last will and testament and first I do give and recommend with hope my soul to God and my body to be decently buried by my Executors hereafter mentioned.  Item it is my will and desire that all my just debts be paid and then the whole residue of my estate be equally divided amoungst my two children viz. JOHN STEWART and NANCY CHICK.  Viz. three negro men called and known by the name of JACOB, JESSE and RICHARD.  I also give and bequeth unto my beloved children JOHN STEWART and NANCY CHICK all my stock of horses cattle sheep and hogs together with household and kitchen furniture and I do appoint JOHN FERGUSON my hole and sole Executor of this my last will and testament hereby revoking and disannuling all former wills made by me and declaring this only to be my last.  In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal, this 12th day of June in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and nine.

SUSANNAH THARP {seal}

This within will was signed sealed and published by SUSANNAH THARP to be her last will and testament in the presence of us.

THOMAS THURMAN
JAMES FOWELL
EDMAND THURMAN

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County Aug 7th 1809

This last will and testament of SUSANNA THARP decd was presented in Court  and being proved by the oaths of THOMAS THURMAN and JAMES FEWELL is ordered to be recorded.

Teste

J. WILLIAMS  Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment