Thursday, January 15, 2015

Will: John Biggs (1805)

JOHN BIGGS Will
Prince William County Will Book I, pt. 62
7 Apr 1804; proved 2 Sep 1805

In the name of God Amen I JOHN BIGGS of the County of Prince William being sick and weak of body but of sound and perfect memory do make constitute and appoint this my last will and testament in manner following that is to say after all my just and lawful debts are paid my desire is that my loving wife ELISABETH shall keep all my property together for the support of my children as hereafter named Viz. ANN, ELENOR, WILLIAM, FANNY, JAMES & ELIZABETH.  My further desire is that if my wife should marry she shall in that case be allow3ed a third party of my property and finally my will and desire is that after the death of my wife the whole of my property of what kind soever shall be divided among my children as above named and allotted and take possession of the residue for the benefit of my loving children aforesaid and hereby ordain, constitute my good friend FRANCIS MANUEL SENR. Executor of this my last will revoking and making void all wills heretofore made.  In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seale this seventh day of April 1804.

JOHN BIGGS  {seal}

Signed sealed published & declared as and for the last will & testament of the above named JOHN BIGGS in the presence of us

HENRY D. HOOE
RICE HOOE
SARAH GAINES

At a Court held for Prince William County Sept. 2nd 1805.

This last will and testament of JOHN BIGGS decd. was presented to the Court and being proved by the oath of HENRY D. HOOE was ordered to be recorded.

Teste

JOHN WILLIAMS  Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment