Friday, September 19, 2014

Friend of Friends Friday: Will: James Anderson (1806)

JAMES ANDERSON Will
Prince William County Will Book I, pg. 171
12 March 1806; proved 1 Dec 1806

In the name of God Amen I JAMES ANDERSON SENIOR being in perfect memory but weak in body do make this my last will and testament.  I will that all my legal debts to paid and when it shall please God to call me hence from this trancetory world that my body to be decently bured in a certain hope of a joyfull resurrection through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.  Item. I will and bequeath to my well beloved wife MARY ANDERSON one third part of my estate during her natural life and at her decease to be equley divided among my children except my son JAMES that has got his part already.  Item 2 I will bequeath to my son JAMES ANDERSON one negro fellow named JOE one horse and mare two hogshead of tabco. & six poun cash which I consider as his part of my estate and he is not to have any more nor no clame hereafter. Item I will and bequeath that all and every part of my estate to be eqully divided among my other children only excepted as before excepted.  Item it is my will and desire that my well beloved wife MARY ANDERSON and PRESLEY WOOD[Y]ARD will be my Executors after my decease.  I have hereunto set my hand seal this twelfth day of March one thousand eight hundred and six.

JAMES ANDERSON  {seal}

Witnesses

JOHN ROLLANS
HENRY HOPE
MARGREET HOPE

At a Court held for Prince William County Decem 1st 1806.

The last will and testament of JAMES ANDERSON decsd was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of JOHN ROLLANS & HENRY HOPE was ordered to be recorded and MARY ANDERSON and PRESLEY WOODYARD the Exex. And Exor. mentioned in said will made oath to the same and having entered into bond with security, who justified according to law, certificate is granted them for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste


J.WILLIAMS  Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment